Nothing says more about a country than its food
The Moroccan Salad
SUPERFOOD: How to make the famous Moroccan Salad
Ingredients: 2 sweet green peppers, 3 tomatoes, 1 tbsp onion finely chopped/ minced, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp cumin, 1 Tbsp vinegar, 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Roast green pepper over flame (or in oven/ in dry pan)
- Scrape black off the pepper and dice
- Remove skin and seeds of tomatoes
- Add other ingredients and mix
How to make Zaalouk Salad
Ingredients: 4 small eggplants, 2 Tbsp grated tomato (grate on fine carrot side), 1 tsp fresh finely chopped parsley and coriander, 1 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp vinegar, 1 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cumin, 1 Tbsp minced garlic
1. Roast eggplant over flame (or in oven/ in dry pan)
2. Remove black off eggplant
3. Place all ingredients in a pot and cook for 3 minutes
4. Mash in pot and serve
Recipe of the week
How to make the famous Sweet Tajine
Ingredients: 1 big tsp black pepper + another ½ tsp for sweet mixture (step 6)
½ tsp cinnamon + another ½ tsp for sweet mixture (step 6), 1 big teaspoon turmeric, 1 big teaspoon ginger + another ½ tsp for sweet mixture (step 6), ½ tsp 35 spices (Ras el hanot)
Pinch saffron (soak in a cup of hot water), ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp finely chopped fresh coriander and parsley, 1 tsp preserved lemon (no skin), Beef: 4-5 palm sized pieces, 1 onion, diced, ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup safflower oil, 12 dried prunes, 12 dried apricots, ¼ cup sugar, 1 cup almonds
1. Place spices (black pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, 35 spice, salt), garlic,
coriander/parsley and preserved lemon on a plate (not saffron yet). Mix with a small
amount of cold water
2. Massage mixture above on beef
3. Place diced onion in bottom of tagine, put meat on top
4. Add olive and safflower oil
5. Place tagine on gas burner – initially high heat then decrease, stir and turn meat
6. While meat is cooking, place in a pot:12 dried prunes, 12 dried apricots, ½ tsp ginger, ½
tsp cinnamon, ¼ cup sugar, ½ tsp black pepper, approximately 4 ups of water. Bring to
boil and simmer.
7. Also while meat is cooking, boil almonds for 5 minutes, then remove skin and fry in
8. After the meat has cooked for approximately 40 minutes, add the saffron
9. Cook beef in tagine for total 1.5 hours.
Let’s Work Together!
Do you have a travel website, blog or instagram?
Are you interested to have an extra income?